The MISSOURI RIVER SCENIC CENTURY
The Helena Bicycle Club invites you to join us on our annual century ride, the Missouri River Scenic Century, on Saturday July 15, 2017. Riders have their choice of distances - the metric century (100 kilometers/62 miles), an 80 mile ride, or the standard century (100 miles). Come retrace the steps of Lewis and Clark (with a slightly faster mode of transportation!) as they approached the Gates of the Mountains over 200 years ago.
Bicycle from Cascade south toward Wolf Creek and back for the metric century. 80 mile riders continue south to the end of the Recreation Road at Spring Creek before turning around and heading back to Cascade. 100 mile riders add a spur 10 miles out from Wolf Creek on MT 434 before heading south to Spring Creek and back to Cascade.
The route is gentle, meandering alongside the Missouri River with some small rolling hills. There is one steep but short climb on the full century route. Lunch is provided at Cascade City Park for all riders.
Online registration begins March 1st and continues until July 9th. Fee is $50 for HBC members, $70 for Non-members (includes membership fee). The first 100 registered riders are guaranteed a custom 24oz POLAR water bottle and a technical T-Shirt. Registration fees increase by $5 on July 1st. No refunds.
Missouri River Scenic Century ride maps with distance, elevation and grade profiles:
• Where: Start & finish at Cascade City Park – Central and 1st Street
• Directions: On I-15 north of Helena or south of Great Falls take the Cascade Exit (Exit 254 from the south or Exit 256 from the north) proceed into town and turn east on Central (Angus Bar) go one block to 1st Street. The park is to the right.
• What: Riders have their choice of distances - the metric century (100 kilometers/62 miles), 80 miles, or the standard century (100 miles).
• Fully supported: Refreshments and restrooms will be available at all rest stops and the lunch stop at Cascade City Park. Support services provided for minor mechanical problems along the route.
• Check in: Cascade City Park between 6:30 and 7 AM. Mass start at 7 AM.
• Cost: $50 for Helena Bicycle Club Members $70 for non-members. Prices increase by $5 after July 1, 2017.
• Registration at this link: REGISTER
Or click HERE for a downloadable form for MAIL-IN registration. Please deduct $5 from prices if submitted before July 1, 2017. After that date, prices are as indicated on the form. Please mail registrations to: Helena Bicycle Club PO BOX 4682 Helena, MT 59604.
Helena Bicycle Club, PO Box 4682, Helena, MT 59604